First Connections Program
Family Service of RI
Community Health Worker receives a Sign-on Bonus in the amount of $500 within 6 months of employment!
CHW will conduct screenings and individual needs assessments in family homes and other community venues as appropriate. Responsible for engaging clients; implementing screening tools; identifying areas of need; developing action plans; ensuring referrals are made to appropriately matched services; and providing ongoing support and monitoring.
- Community Health Worker Certification required; Bachelor degree preferred.
- Ability to complete training and meet all requirements to be certified as a Community Health Worker within the first 6 months of employment.
- Spanish bilingual required.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work independently and as an interdependent team member.
- Ability to provide services in client’s homes, health clinic, community locations and other agency sites.
- Ability to have flexible schedule to include some evenings.
- Experience working with young children and their families.
- Prior experience in behavioral health and/or crisis intervention preferred.
Continuing Education Requirements:
- As needed to maintain individual CHW certification and meet RI DOH standards.
- Participation in semi-annual and annual employee performance review process including development and review of professional program goals and objectives.
- Other trainings as required by Rhode Island Department of Health.
This position requires residential and community visits, employees in this position must have the ability to:
• Travel to and from clients’ residence, community locations and office site, which could include using walkways, stairs and/or elevators.
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Ability to communicate effectively.