Prospect Medical Systems
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The CHW will work in the community in a variety of settings, including patient homes, medical offices, inpatient facilities (such as hospitals and EDs), community-based organizations, public facilities, homeless shelters, and more. The CHW will: advocate for patients; empower patients to become effective advocates for their own needs and the needs of their families; identify and support patients overcoming obstacles related to treatment plans and other medical, social, and/or behavioral health services; help patients secure necessary and appropriate medical, social, and/or behavioral health services. The Prospect Community Health Worker (CHW) will assist patients with complex medical, social, and/or behavioral health needs access community-based resources, and fully utilize personal/community support systems, to improve life circumstances leading to better health outcomes.The CHW is responsible, along with other members of the Medical Management Team, for contributing to the clinical, quality, financial, and patient satisfaction outcomes.
- Acts as a peer support for enrolled patients, building relationships with individuals and their families and advocating for patients as they navigate the medical system.
- Assist members in identifying their goals (health, behavioral, social, etc.) and provide assistance and support in achieving those goals.
- Attends and contributes to Team Conferences regarding care to/for specific patients.
- Coordinates with care management and other members of interdisciplinary team to report on patient progress and confer if interventions require modification.
- Engages with patients and families across care settings such as the transition from hospital to home.
- Assists the patient in addressing the following: Health-Related Social Needs/ Social Determinants of Health. HRSN/SDOH Include: housing insecurity/homelessness, substandard housing conditions, food/nutrition, transportation, utilities, exposure to violence, social isolation, language/ communication barriers, cultural isolation, parenting/educational skills, elder care, parent-child conflict, family relations issues, recreational activities, and more.
- Health, Behavioral Health, Substance Use: Including: assisting with medical appointments (scheduling, confirmation, reminders, transportation, follow-up), effective engagement with primary care, medical assistance, insurance enhancements, prescriptions, medical equipment, dental care, chronic condition management including health education/prevention, barriers to treatment-plan-compliance including medication adherence, facilitating services to address BH/SUD needs of patient and/or family members across all levels of need (mild/moderate/severe) from treatment to recovery.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Minimum Experience: Lived experience – this includes any combination of cultural background, lifestyle, health condition factors – similar to that of patients attributed to the PHSRI Medicaid AE. Knowledge of and experience navigating medical, social, and/or behavioral health systems. RI CHW Certification OR commitment and plan upon hiring to complete certification. Minimum of one (1) year of experience in community/outpatient settings preferred. Bilingual (Spanish/English, Portuguese/English) preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: None.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
Prospect Medical Systems has a zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of drugs and alcohol. Our Company is committed to maintaining a productive, drug free workplace that keeps employees and patients safe from harm. For this reason, we require applicants to pass a screening for drug use as a condition of employment. This includes: alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, opiates and methamphetamines.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm