Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for underserved individuals, families and communities. We are proud to state that our employees are chosen for their skills and unique abilities relating to client care. Consider being a part of the BEST and BRIGHTEST team.
(NOTE: This position is full-time and temporary, with potential to become permanent.)
The CHW is part of a multidisciplinary team that includes CHWs, clinicians and peer recovery specialists as an extension of primary care and other service providers. CHW will complete individual and family need assessments and assist patients in achieving wellbeing. The CHW will also conduct Screening Brief Intervention and Referral Treatment (SBIRT) screenings.
- Bachelor degree required, Community Health Worker Certification preferred.
- Ability to meet all requirements to be certified as a Community Health Worker within the first 6 months of employment.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work independently and as an interdependent team member.
- Ability to provide services in a client’s homes, primary health care sites and community locations and at other agency sites.
- Ability to have flexible schedule to include some evenings.
- Prior experience in behavioral health and/or crisis intervention preferred.
Employees get a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits.
To apply, LINK HERE.
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.