655 Broad Street Providence, RI 02907 p 401.274.6347 f 401.274.6562 www.rifreeclinic.org
TITLE: Patient Community Navigator
Salary: Full Time; Non- Exempt
REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
Working as an integrated partner with the Clinic’s Practice Manager, COVID test site coordinator, staff and volunteers, to act as community outreach for clinic support and 2019 novel coronavirus (referred to as COVID-19). The position will be responsible for all aspects of conducting telehealth outreach. The person hired should be extremely organized, flexible, friendly, very comfortable talking with people over the phone, and must follow confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines. Training will be provided. The navigator provides quality of health care in accordance with the policies/procedures of Rhode Island Free Clinic, the laws of Rhode Island, and appropriate standards of care.
- Operate in a supportive role with Test Site Coordinator and Practice Manager
- Provide telephonic patient outreach
- Serve as a liaison between patients and Clinic
- Provides outreach to community partners
- Schedule follow up appointments as needed
- Other responsibilities as need for Clinic support
- Must adhere to confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines
- Extremely organized and able to adapt to changing situations
- Flexible, friendly, calm, patient demeanor
- Comfortable talking with a range of community members over the phone
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bilingual – Spanish
Rhode Island Free Clinic (www.rifreeclinic.org) provides free comprehensive health care to uninsured low-income adults, and serves as an educational site for trainees in health care fields. Care is provided through a dynamic statewide network of volunteer medical professionals working with academic, medical, and community partners, leveraging robust health care resources with a vitality that is unmatched in Rhode Island.
TO APPLY: Please email Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com. No calls please.