As part of the emergency response to the pandemic caused by COVID-19, the Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) COVID-19 Epidemiological Operations Unit is recruiting up to 10 temporary staff to assist with phone intake and triage in the COVID 19 Support Center. The Support Center responds to inquiries from the general public, medical providers, patients, and community partners and stakeholders.
The position will last approximately 6-12 months. Chosen candidates will be responsible:
- Answer incoming telephone calls to the COVID 19 Support Center.
- Complete important and routine correspondence on behalf of the COVID-19 response unit.
- Become well versed in all policies, procedures, and guidance that RIDOH has put forth as part of the statewide efforts to respond to COVID-19 and provide information to callers.
- Complete triage forms and upload them to our system.
- Provide timely and appropriate triage of phone calls.
- Provide detailed information and support to Case Investigators and Contact Tracers
- Participate in daily meetings to keep up to date on any changes on policy or outbreaks
- Escalate any potential problems to the appropriate individuals (Nurses, Epidemiologist, etc.)
- Assist in performing complex administrative duties and responsibilities that are directly related to the primary function of the agency.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality standards when handling and processing records.
While we are looking for well-rounded candidates able to grow and adapt to different situations, successful candidates will have a mix, if not all, of the following skills:
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment handling a varied number of calls per day.
- Excellent phone etiquette, especially when speaking with difficult or abrasive individuals.
- Calm and patient demeanor paired with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work across multiple teams in order to direct individuals where they need to go.
- Ability to work both in person and/or remote.
- Competent in using computers, Microsoft Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point), databases, and other office technology.
Priority will be given to Candidates with the following skillsets:
- Multilingual candidates (any languages)
- Ability to work full time
- Ability to work 6-12 months, if needed
- Candidates with experience in customer service within the health/medical industry.
To be considered for this position, please complete the interest form (https://forms.gle/BXPMNU45guTzuaZx8) as soon as possible. To help us increase our applicant pool and fill these positions quickly, please forward this email to any of your contacts who may be interested in this opportunity.
Thank you for your interest in working at RIDOH. We look forward to reviewing your information.