Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center
The Drop-In Center Advocate will be the first point of contact for any client or professional seeking information and referrals at our Providence Drop-In Center. This person will be friendly, familiar with community resources, and welcoming to all who seek services through our agency.
• Full time position; Tuesday through Saturday, from ten am to six pm.
• Assist clients with crime victim compensation applications
• Provide information on support services and residential options for victims
• Referrals to domestic violence and sexual assault case management and advocacy programs
• Maintain support service referrals to community resources
• Answer incoming calls to the center and manage the front desk and reception areas
• Maintain program information for partnering agencies
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive binder of community resources
• Maintain postings of information to our clients about community events
• Maintain this data in the EmpowerDB system and provide reports as requested
• Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times
• This position requires a comprehensive knowledge of community resources.
• Bilingual fluent English/Spanish
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
• A minimum of three professional references must be provided with a resume and cover letter