House of Hope
Full Time – Hourly
Salary: $15.00-$18.00 hourly
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Outreach Case Manager will provide a range of services including street outreach, screening and
assessment, and diversion of target populations. The Outreach Case Manager is expected to actively
participate as a member of the outreach team, working both collaboratively and independently to provide
services including crisis intervention, emergency services, support services and case management.
Participation in macro-level work including community organizing, advocacy, and program design and
implementation is included. This is a full time Monday-Friday position that requires flexibility in
scheduling to allow for early morning and evening outreach, as well as daytime hours to provide case
management and other supports.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Participation in weekly street outreach hours as determined in conjunction with the outreach
• Maintain an intensive case load of individuals identified through street outreach and other
referrals, meeting eligibility requirements for the program(s)
• Perform comprehensive client assessments to collect functional, environmental, psycho-social,
financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information as appropriate to develop
and create a detailed client/resident case plan
• Administer VI-SPDAT and SPDAT assessments as required
• Obtain all necessary releases and consent forms from clients
• Establish and maintain confidential case files for cleints, complete progress notes for each client,
and document any other clinical correspondence as required
• Accurately collect data, including client satisfaction surveys, HMIS, and Fulcrum outreach data
• Accurately document time and effort as required by funders
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of outside sources such as medical, psychological, educational,
social services, legal, housing and community resources and how to apply and use them effectively
• Establish working relationships with colleagues in other agencies to support individuals in
attaining services such as housing, mental health treatment, medical care, financial resources,
medical benefits, etc. Effectively communicate and articulate our clients’ needs to others, both
orally and through written correspondence
• Participate in policy advocacy and community organizing efforts related to issues impacting the
• Recognize emergency and crisis situations, and take action and seek intervention when needed.
• Be considerate of each clients’ privacy and confidentiality and respect the racial, religious, cultural
and linguistic background of each client and help to promote the continuance of his or her cultural
identity as much as possible
Job Title Case Manager Outreach – 2020 Page 2 of 2
• Collaborate with and provide mentorship to students, peers, interns, and volunteers
• Attend, prepare and actively participate in all agency/departmental required trainings and/or staff
• Abide by all House of Hope policies and procedures.
• Other duties may be required as time permits, at the discretion of the Clinical Director of
Operations and/or Executive Director
• Bachelor Degree in Social Work or Human Services, or equivalent education and/or experience
• Current or previous direct experience navigating the complex psychosocial stressors of homelessness
and experience in the fields of mental health and substance abuse
• The capability to set and observe appropriate personal boundaries and limits
• An ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, community providers,
supervisors, and co-workers, as well as within a team approach
• An ability to effectively communicate and articulate the needs of clients to others, both orally and
through written correspondence
• An ability to organize, prioritize and perform tasks in an accurate manner with specific attention to
detail and to multi-task
• Dependable with excellent organization, interpersonal communication and time-management skills
• Maintain a valid driver’s license, and a properly insure, inspected and registered automobile
• Possess basic computer skills; including Word, Excel, Internet and e-mail
• Must be fluent in both English and Spanish language.
• Knowledge of medical, psychological, educational, social services, legal, housing and community
resources and how to apply and use them effectively
• Knowledge of principles and techniques of interviewing, assessment, counseling and the ability to
plan, develop and implement case and treatment plans
• Applicants with lived experienced strongly encouraged to apply
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of the job for House of Hope
and may vary at times according to department objectives and needs for the performance of the job.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Salary: $15.00-$18.00 hourly
Interested parties please submit your resume via email to email@example.com please note “Case Manager – Outreach” in the subject field.
Please note due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for
interviews will be contacted.
House of Hope CDC promotes equal opportunity in all aspects of employment