Rhode Island Free Clinic
Salary: AmeriCorps Stipend, Benefits, Education Award
Start Date: January 2021
Full-time, One year
Gain transferable skills in health care, business management, project planning, and program development. Serve on the front lines of public health and community service during this unprecedented time. Work with top medical and community volunteers at our award winning free clinic on our dynamic VISTA Team to advocate for and serve low-income uninsured RI adults. Become a Patient Care AmeriCorps VISTA at Rhode Island Free Clinic for a year of national service in “the Domestic Peace Corps.” One position available to start in January 2021.
Rhode Island Free Clinic (www.rifreeclinic.org) is nationally recognized for its volunteer/community partner model. In 2019 the Clinic mobilized an active statewide corps of over 700 medical volunteers, support professionals, and community partners throughout RI to provide over 11,000 patient visits and a medical home to uninsured, low-income RI adults. We believe in strengthening our community by giving people resources and education to help themselves. The Clinic also serves as a training site for aspiring healthcare professionals. Services and training are provided at the Clinic in Providence at its state-of-the-art, 8,000 square foot facility, and around RI at the sites of our collaborating partners.
The Clinic seeks a savvy, detail oriented, flexible and capable problem solver with demonstrated initiative, and excellent organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills to recruit, train, schedule, recognize, and report on volunteers, and to build relationships with community partners to consolidate patient advocacy and information initiatives. An integral part of the Clinic’s team of AmeriCorps VISTAs and staff, this person is responsible to strengthen the Clinic’s patient services, contribute to developing strategies, procedures, problem-solving, adopting best practices, and to thrive in the Clinic’s highly professional, personable, and dynamic volunteer model.
• Build the Clinic’s capacity in patient care services by actively working with our VISTA Team and award-winning corps of volunteer medical professionals, community partners, and support personnel
• Work with staff & VISTA Team to build capacity & enhance delivery of patient care including COVID-19 response, and volunteer recruitment & management
• Enhance process of, and volunteer support for, Patient Assistance Program (free medicine)
• Enhance process of, and volunteer support for, Patient Eligibility Screenings to increase enrollments
• Design & implement strategies to promote patient education and chronic disease management through Wellness Programs
• Help improve effectiveness and efficiency of Clinic resources including Electronic Health Records
• Develop programs to engage retired and senior volunteers and college-student trainees
• Improve our Patient Care documentation systems
• Champion emerging Clinic initiatives including behavioral health, dental health, immunization & and wellness services
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Savvy self-starter with demonstrated initiative interested in medicine or public health
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills
• Flexible and capable problem solver with entrepreneurial, can-do spirit
• Ability to prioritize, systematize, and execute office administrative tasks & projects
• Creative thinker, enthusiastic people-person and team player with the ability to motivate others
• Commitment to the Clinic’s mission, volunteer model, and service to the uninsured
• Bilingual English and Spanish are highly preferred but not required
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel & Access, preferred but not required
How to Apply
PLEASE GO TO: http://www.americorps.gov/about/programs/vista.asp – Please review AmeriCorps VISTA information on this site.
THEN GO TO: https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-programs/americorps-vista/join-americorps-vista and scroll down to “Search Listings.” For the search, select “Rhode Island” and “AmeriCorps VISTA” options. Scroll to find this position, click on it, and “Apply Now”.
Submit your application including 2 references.
Applications must be submitted through this AmeriCorps VISTA site, Clinic cannot accept applications directly.