Family Service of Rhode Island
- This listing went out in our newsletter with the wrong employer! This opportunity is at Family Service of Rhode Island! Apply here by using the search term ‘peer recovery’ to find the listing!
Staff will work collaboratively with FSRI’s team members as an extension of medical practices, referral sources and internal programs to support recovery and overall wellness efforts and advocate patients. Primary responsibilities include completing screening and other indicated tools; such as: Screening Brief Intervention and Referral Treatment (SBIRT) screenings; assessments; and individualized plans to address/ameliorate social determinant of health barriers. Staff will provide advocacy, care coordination, and mentorship. Services are provided virtually, in patient’s homes, health care sites, community locations and at other agency sites. The PRS/CHW must have lived experience in recovery.
- Active certification as a Peer Recovery Specialist and/or Community Health Worker through the Rhode Island Certification Board preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred, High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Two years of continuous recovery time.
- Ability to meet all requirements to be certified as a Peer Recovery Specialist and a Community Health Worker within the first 6 months of employment.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- An understanding and belief in harm reduction and the recovery process required.
- Ability to provide services virtually, in patient’s homes, primary health care sites, community locations and at other agency sites.
- Ability to have a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends when indicated.
- Cultural sensitivity necessary to work with a diverse patient population.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and auto insurance.
- Basic knowledge and use of Microsoft Office and other virtual platforms.
This position requires residential and community visits, employees in this position must have the ability to:
- Travel to and from potential foster parent’s residence, community locations and office site, which could include using walkways, stairs and/or elevators.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
To Apply: Using the search term ‘peer recovery’ to find the listing here!
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits.
Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities.
Join our team today!