Part-time, $15 per hour
Evening and weekend hours required
Starts February 1, 2021
Basic Function: Responsible for the overnight and/or daily operation of Sojourner House’s Shelter(s), which include a Safe House, shelter for victims of trafficking, and shelter for male-identified victims, as well as the helpline, creating an atmosphere of advocacy where guests are able to heal and redirect their lives.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Maintain a safe and secure environment at the shelter facility.
• Provide all temporary guests of the shelter with the support and assistance they need including emotional support, education on domestic violence, in adjusting to their new environment.
• Answer the helpline providing crisis intervention, emotional support, and referral information to clients.
• Perform intake interviews and refer cases to full-time case managers if the shelter is the appropriate place for the client. If so, orient the client to the facility. If not, direct the client to the appropriate services available to them.
• Support clients to secure basic needs: food, clothing, safety, transportation, education, etc. Support their work towards their personal goals.
• Support guests to follow shelter rules and procedures, creating an environment of trust and community.
• Assist in the cleaning and maintenance of the facility as needed.
• Maintain communication with other shelter staff.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor or as required.
Experience & Special Skills:
• Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Two to three years in human services, domestic violence experience preferred.
• Must be organized and demonstrate superior leadership skills.
• Bilingual preferred.
• Computer literate in spreadsheet and word processing
• Able to work a flexible schedule.
• Must pass BCI.
Please send (1) a resume,(2) cover letter, and (3) contact information for three separate professional references to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. To learn more about our work, please visit: www.sojournerri.org.
Sojourner House is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.