Thundermist Health Center, W. Warwick
Temporary (thru December, 2021)
40 hr/week; some evening and weekend responsibilities assigned
The Vaccine Peer Navigator is a key aspect of Thundermist’s plan to ensure equitable and effective vaccination activities. From the perspective of a peer, these staff members conduct outreach, education, and provide support to Thundermist patients and community members, centering those who experience vaccine hesitancy and/or other barriers to receiving the COVID vaccine. The Vaccine Peer Navigator provides services that are science-based, patient-centered, anti-racist, non-coercive, and respectful of the right to self-determine.This role is a temporary position in direct response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Three years professional experience in health education or social services preferred. Certification as a CHW and/or a bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience navigating the health delivery system as a member of a community with higher rates of vaccine hesitancy (person of color, formerly incarcerated person, member of the LGBTQ+ community, etc) required; residency in a Thundermist community strongly preferred
Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with patients, providers, other members of the health care team, other disciplines and community agencies required
Appropriate work from home environment required (space to be uninterpreted and to protect patient privacy)
Strong commitment to the following principals: being science-based, patient-centered, anti-racist, non-coercive, and respectful of the right to self-determine
Proven customer service skills
Ability to be self-motivated and work with limited supervision in a primarily remote environment
Ability to be on-site or in the community for training and special outreach events as scheduled.
Excellent written and communication skills
Strong attention to detail
Sense of humor and ability to go with the flow.
Significant Job Functions:
- Educate patients and community members using developed scripts to improve vaccine acceptance
- Outreach to patients using phone, email, chat and text.
- Document all activities as directed
- Conduct in-person outreach and education as directed (limited)
- Provide feedback to supervisor on opportunities to innovate to improve outcomes.
- Book appointments for patients
- Review available data to determine if patient has received vaccine in alternate setting and document vaccine completion from other settings in clinical record and other locations as needed
- Work with patients to identify and address barriers to vaccine and offer resources; schedule patient transportation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
To APPLY: LINK HERE