Community Action Partnership of Providence
Salary: $20.00 hour
Start Date: July 1, 2021
30 Hours Per Week
CAPP, working in partnership with the community, provides culturally competent supportive services and programs to Providence County residents in need to promote their achievement of economic self-sufficiency.
CAPP ensures individuals’ dignity while reducing poverty, revitalizing communities, and empowering low-income individuals and families to become self-sufficient. We do this by creating economic, educational, and other opportunities and providing a wide range of programs and services that drives real change. CAPP mobilizes resources directed to eliminating poverty; and educating the public on poverty and community revitalization issues.
Empowering 20 youth ages 14-24 to make sound decisions for future education, employment, leadership training, and career choices by providing additional support through one-on-one or group coaching. In addition, the coach will assist in the planning and development in carrying out the program expectations.
Reports to: Education & Job Development Supervisor
Supervision of: None
• Conduct and/or participate in virtual workshops and meeting to promote the intellectual, social, physical welfare of youth and 21st-century skills
• Act as the liaison between the agency and the program’s participant
• Maintain accurate and complete participant records as required by the program, such as, but not limited to, Attendance, conflicts, progress, and milestones for each participant
• Assist participant with the completion of their projects and/or special assignments promptly by establishing realistic objectives; determining priorities; managing time; and providing resources
• Monitoring youth progress; problem-solving; adjusting plans; following up every week
• Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
• Participate in program planning, implementation, reporting, and assessment
• Virtually meet with each participant every week to evaluate workweek progress
• General copying and filling as required.
• Prepare reports on participants and activities as required by the program
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
• Three (3) years of experience working with youth/related field and/or Bachelor Degree
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Meticulous attention to detail and active listening
• Understand Child Labor Laws
• Time Management and organizational skills
• Ability to develop schedules, agendas, and case notes
• Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and virtual learning platforms such as Google classroom, Zoom, etc.
• Experience in a collaborative/team-based environment
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Seasonal Position from July 1st to August 21st
• 30 hours a week @ $20 per hour
o Monday through Friday 9:00 am – 3:30 pm (6 hours with ½ unpaid lunch)
• Must have a valid license and own a reliable transportation
• BCI – Background Criminal Check Required
• Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds without assistance
• Dual language preferred but not required
• This position requires the person to be onsite – no telework allowed.
Community Action Partnership of Providence is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
To apply, please forward your cover letter, resume, and two professional references to: