Organization: Children’s Friend
Join the Children’s Friend family, where we offer excellent benefits and a work culture that was recently voted “Best Places to Work” and “Healthiest Employers” in the state!
1. Provide culturally competent home based case management, crisis intervention, vocational development, information, and referral services to families.
2. Provide home based parent child activities to promote positive, nurturing interaction between parents and their children.
3. Interact effectively and respectfully with others and particularly with individuals whose backgrounds and life experiences are different from one’s own.
4. Ensure program services are in compliance with Head Start/Early Head Start performance standards.
5. Responsible for integration of services for families in the classroom, home, center, and community.
6. Promote parent involvement in both home and center based activities. This includes encouraging meaningful parent volunteer opportunities.
7. Seek family strengths and competencies, identifying ways to develop those strengths in building the Family Partnership Agreement.
8. Conduct face-to-face client, collateral and provider conversations to make appropriate referrals and linkages to other community resources as needed.
9. Maintain client records and complete all necessary documentation within established program time frames.
10. Participate in the enrollment of all children and families.
11. Meet established productivity standards for the program.
12. Participates in case conferences and collaborates with other service providers working with families.
13. Contribute to the overall success and quality of the program by working constructively and collaboratively with other staff members to address programmatic or agency-wide issues and needs.
14. Constructively utilize formal and peer supervision to evaluate and improve effectiveness in providing services to clients. This includes active participation in supervision, team meetings and agency meetings.
15. Pursue ongoing professional development through professional reading and attending relevant workshops and conferences (including Children’s Friend’s core training program).
16. Develop and maintain ongoing outreach strategies to inform families and the community of services and activities at the center.
17. Positively publicize agency programs and, when the opportunity arises, educate others about the agency and its services.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Child Development preferred, or a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in a field the agency considers to be equivalent combined with relevant experience.
• Experience with at-risk families preferred.
• Strong empathetic and relationship skills required.
• Ability to see the families the agency serves through a lens of empowerment.
• Proven ability to interact with members of the community representing diverse backgrounds and interests is required.
• Must provide proof of all medical clearance requirements.
• Must have a valid driver’s license; automobile liability insurance in an amount established by the agency; and, an automobile fit to be used for work related tasks.
• Bilingual skills required.
• Successful candidates will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
Children’s Friend is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com