Organization: Children’s Friend
Join the Children’s Friend family, where we offer excellent benefits and a work culture that was recently voted “Best Places to Work” and “Healthiest Employers” in the state!
Provides a range of culturally competent home-based services on a weekly basis for all families participating in the Healthy Families America program including: parenting education; developmental milestones; health and nutrition education; home management skills; crisis intervention; vocational development; and, social services linkage, all in partnership with the client. Provide home based parent child activities to promote positive, nurturing interaction between parents and their children.
1. Provides a range of culturally competent home-based services for all families participating in the program including: parenting education; developmental milestones; health and nutrition education; home management skills; crisis intervention; and, social services linkage, all in partnership with the client.
2. Provides case management services.
3. Assists in strengthening the parent child relationship.
4. Assists parents in improving their skills in order to optimize the home environment.
5. Assists families in establishing goals and plans for attaining these goals.
6. Identifies and refers clients to other support services in the community; assists in making and attending health and human service appointments, including, but not limited to, appointments related to educational and employment goals.
7. Contacts referrals in a timely manner and maintain weekly visits to all clients per the program requirements.
8. Completes all assessments and evaluation paperwork within program guideline timelines. Maintains client records and completes all necessary documentation with program timelines.
9. Completes parent surveys within the Healthy Families America Best Practice standards guidelines.
10. Meets productivity requirements established by the Healthy Families America Program.
11. Ensures program is in compliance with all regulations regarding Home Visits.
12. Participates in case conferences and collaborates with other service providers working with families.
13. Contributes to the overall success and quality of all programs and services within Children’s Friend by working constructively and collaboratively with other staff members to address programmatic or agency wide issues and needs. Participates in agency committees.
14. Constructively utilizes formal and peer supervision to evaluate and improve effectiveness in providing services to clients. This includes active participation in supervision, team meetings, and agency meetings.
15. Develops and maintains ongoing outreach strategies to inform families and the community of agency programs, services, and activities offered through Children’s Friend.
16. Pursues ongoing professional development through professional reading and attending relevant workshops and conferences (including Children’s Friend core training programs).
• Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent, college course work preferred.
• Experience with at-risk families preferred.
• Knowledge of infant and child development.
• Strong empathetic and relationship skills required.
• Proven ability to interact with members of the community representing diverse backgrounds and interests is required.
• Open to reflective practice “I.E. has capacity for introspection, communicates awareness of self in relation to others, recognizes value of supervision, etc.”
• Infant mental health endorsement preferred.
• Must provide proof of all medical clearance requirements.
• Must have a valid driver’s license; automobile liability insurance in an amount established by the agency; and, an automobile fit to be used for work related tasks.
• Bilingual skills required.
• Successful candidates will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
Children’s Friend is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com