Meals On Wheels RI
CHW Certification Preferred
The mission of Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island (MOWRI) is to meet the nutritional and other special needs of the elderly to help them maintain their independence. Since 1969, from Westerly to Woonsocket our staff and volunteers serve 1,200+ meals each day. While the Home-Delivered Meal Program is the most recognized service, Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island also has a Capital City Café Program, a Restaurant Voucher Program, Pet Food Program and a Senior Wish Program for those in need.
The Home-Delivered Meal Program Associate supports the day to day operations of MOWRI’s home delivered meal program. This is a part-time, hourly position for 27.5 hours per week; Monday through Friday with the hours of 8:30 am – 2:00 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the activities of day-to-day of the home delivered meal program
- Take client referrals , cancellations, restarts, no answers, etc. from various sources and input said information into the database system
- Prepare correspondence and information for clients, to include but not limited to birthday cards, menus, new start packets, and other information
- Update referral records pertaining to missing or incorrect information.
- Assist in notifying new clients and/or their guardians of the start date, review the guidelines for the meal program and activate and update status in database
- Identify Medicaid clients through RI Medicaid Health Care Portal
- Support activities connected to daily meal dispatch
- Provide assistance and serve as back-up to other staff as needed
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in a nonprofit setting
- Experience working with older adults
- Community Health Worker Certification, preferred
- Bilingual/Spanish Speaking, preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to the mission of Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island
- Possesses high energy, positive attitude, dedication
- Embraces teamwork and flexibility
- Shows attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to multi task
- Offers a high degree of initiative
- Computer proficiency (MS Excel, Word, and database programs)
- Sound professional judgment
- A proven ability to identify, navigate, and successfully interact within the dynamics of a fast paced environment
$25/hr through September 30, 2021 with potential opportunity for extension.
How to Apply
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer.