On-Line Training on Community Health Worker Programs
May 9, 2019 - May 9, 2020
“Strengthening Community Health Worker Programs” — Harvard University, On-Line
This on-line 6 week course will teach you how to deliver high-quality primary health care at scale through national community health worker programs. Created by health systems leaders for health systems leaders, this course introduces learners to the core concepts of community health worker programs, and explores what is needed to build and strengthen large-scale programs in order to improve access to high-quality health services.
What you’ll learn
- Core concepts in community health as part of primary health systems
- Key components in the design and optimization of community health worker programs as exemplified through country case studies
- How to advocate for community health worker programs with key stakeholders
- The evidence demonstrating the impact and returns of community health workers
- How to build coalitions to support government-led programs
- How to break down silos and reduce duplicative efforts in the wider community health ecosystem
- The common issues that arise in implementing community health worker programs at scale
To learn more and to register for the on-line course, link here.