Family Service Of RI
Hope Street, Providence
Bilingual English Spanish Preferred
CHW Certification Preferred, Required within six months
The School Based CHW will work as part of FSRIs school-based team in partnership with SBMHC clinicians, school health care staff, and other school staff to assess and reduce barriers to care for medically and/or behaviorally complex students and families. Primary responsibilities include completing individual and family need assessments including SDOH screenings, developing action plans, care coordination, ensuring referrals made are appropriately matched to needs, and providing ongoing student/family support and monitoring. Whenever possible, the CHW will also conduct Screening Brief Intervention and Referral Treatment (SBIRT) screenings. Services are provided in schools, in students homes virtually and/or in person, at health care sites, community locations and at other agency sites. The CHW will provide relevant information to current students, families, and schools that FSRI is contracted with.
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred, High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Community Health Worker Certification preferred upon hire but is required within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to meet all requirements to be certified as a Community Health Worker within the first 6 months of employment.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work independently and as an interdependent team member.
- Ability to provide services virtually, in patients homes, primary health care sites, community locations and at other agency sites.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and occasional weekend events.
- Prior experience working in schools, behavioral health settings, and/or with crisis intervention preferred.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits. Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities. Join our team today!
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.