CHWARI / Rhode Island College
Providence & Remote
24 hours/week, $22 per hour
CHW Certification or within 6 months
Application Deadline 9/26/22
Start Date 10/26/22
If the application link to Rhode Island College through the orange button appears to not work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate you are interested. We will inform you when the hiring link has been corrected. Sorry for the inconvenience. We still very much want you to apply!
Rhode Island College invites applicants for the position of Community Health Worker Communications Outreach Assistant for the Community Health Worker Association of RI. This is a 24 hrs./week postion that would start immediatly upon hire. It is a temporary-contingent upon funding position.
As an employee of the Community Health Worker Association of RI (CHWARI), the CHW Communications Outreach Assistant will act in accordance with and through the lens of CHWARI’s mission: to increase the power of Rhode Island’s community health workers to promote health equity through increasing access to quality healthcare and social services and conducting advocacy. The person will have excellent interpersonal and listening skills, the capacity to work independently at times, openness to learning new basic digital technologies, and thorough attention to detail. The position will support the work of the Director to reach the state’s most marginalized communities and those that have been most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, for recruitment to the CHW workforce, through written correspondence, zoom conversations, or in person presentations. The Outreach Assistant will also communicate with CHWs already in the workforce to discover innovative practices, success stories, and challenges in their work. The position will serve as a liaison from CHW individuals’ specific needs and wants, to the leadership of CHWARI responsible for integrating CHW voice into the Association’s systems, policies, and activities. The CHW Communications Outreach Assistant will also occasionally accompany the Director in CHW workforce development strategy and networking meetings with CHWs, CHW employers, policymakers and CHW allies.
- One or more years experience as a community health worker, preferably in a community-based organization
- Highschool diploma or GED
- Active certification as a community health worker (CHW) in Rhode Island or pending certification within 6 months of application
- Ability to work remotely part of the time (computer or laptop will be provided)
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Intermediate level competence in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong command of written English
- Comfort working independently at times
- Openness to learning new basic digital technologies
- Thorough attention to detail
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required
- Recruit members to the Community Health Worker Association of RI (CHWARI) through outreach to targeted community-based organizations across the state and health/social service sectors
- Procure, manage and disseminate CHW training/outreach materials to CHWs, CHW allies and CHW employers
- Refine, manage and utilize CHWARI membership database to track member activities and demographics
- Track Rhode Island College CHW training graduates for training and certification milestones
- Support CHWARI Director in liaising with CHW stakeholder groups to advance Rhode Island College CHW training program and CHW workforce development issues
- Accompany Director at CHW stakeholder strategy and policy meetings; provide follow up
- Respond to basic public inquiries on CHW role and CHWAR, routing inquiries to CHWARI staff appropriately
- Manage application process for CHW training opportunities and other CHW matters such as CHW certification
- Support recruitment, manage logistics and provide co-facilitation for specialized CHW events (professional development, policy strategy, and networking)
- Track data and student communications for CHW trainings, including attendance, assignments, certifications and final presentations
Application deadline: 9/26/2022
Proposed starting salary: $22 per hour
How to Apply
For a full job description, which includes additional responsibilities and requirements for the position and application procedures, see https://employment.ric.edu/postings/6405. Candidates must apply on-line, using Rhode Island College’s People Admin Applicant Tracking system.
If the application link to Rhode Island College appears to not work, please email email@example.com to indicate you are interested. We will inform you when the hiring link has been corrected. Sorry for the inconvenience. We still very much want you to apply!
About the Institution for Education in Healthcare (IEH) at Rhode Island College
The Institute for Education in Healthcare (IEH) is situated within the School of Business. The IEH was formed in 2016 as a unifying body tasked with building partnerships across higher education, health and behavioral healthcare industry partners, community partners, and consumer groups for the purpose of identifying and responding to workforce needs across the care continuum. RI College’s Institute for Education in Healthcare received a $2,300,000 dollar (over four years) award from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) for strengthening integrated primary behavioral healthcare delivery in community health organizations, where the emphasis is on workforce development through undergraduate and graduate student training and apprenticeships/internships.