ONE Neighborhood Builders
Providence, RI 02909
Application Deadline December ASAP
Full Time, Permanent
CHW Training Preferred
The Community Health Worker (CHW) is a dependable and compassionate member of the community. They work to promote the health and well-being of their peers by offering social support and linking them to health and social services. They are able to find original solutions by thinking outside the box in order to improve the health of their neighbors.
Specifically, the CHW will:
(1) Building a trusting relationship with the community in which they represent.
(2) Experience working in a multi-cultural setting
(3) Possessing strong social and interpersonal skills, as well as the capacity to collaborate with others whose professional and personal backgrounds vary greatly is essential.
• Help individual community members establish health-enhancing goals and then assist them in achieving those goals through one-on-one collaboration.
• Collect and maintain a database of relevant data for ONE Neighborhood Builders for them to be able to allocate the appropriate resources.
• Talk to members of the community to find out how social and economic factors impact their general health and use this information to inform your strategies and goals for health and social management.
• Contribute to the development of effective strategies for linking recent immigrants and other newcomers, regardless of the paperwork status of the individuals involved, with information and resources pertaining to the promotion of health.
• Maintain communication with all of the members of the CHW cohort with newly available resource opportunities and collect up-to-date information on available resources.
• Collaborate closely with the Community Health Worker Project Manager in order to cater to the requirements of the team and assist community members in making the most of the resources that are at their disposal.
• To successfully complete the Apprenticeship Program’s requirements, you must: (see below).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school graduate or equivalent required.
• Successful completion of a Community Health Worker formal training program such as from a college or other education institution is preferred.
• Experience working in a community-based setting for at least 1 to 2 years preferred.
THE APPRENTENSHIP PROGRAM
The CHW will participate in at least 144 hours of community health training that is compensated (72 hours if they are already certified community health workers). They will also be responsible for meeting the qualifications required for the job. The Community Health Worker (CHW) will be awarded a Certificate of Apprenticeship Completion, which is a credential that is acknowledged on a national level, once they have satisfied all of the training criteria and demonstrated their proficiency.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Dedicated to making a positive impact within their own local community Strong abilities in both listening and communicating.
• Good organizational skills to handle multiple priorities while remaining professional and calm.
• Possesses an excellent command of the English language in both speaking and writing.
ONE|NB offers a robust benefits package (including health, dental, and vision insurance), a retirement plan with matching contribution, a generous allotment of paid holiday and personal/vacation time, flexibility to occasionally telecommute from home, and an inspiring & innovative organizational culture. Salary is commensurate based on experience.
ONE|NB works to dismantle all forms of discrimination. We fight the systems that oppress people from a vast range of identities and experiences. Cultivating a team that embodies the diverse experiences of Central Providence communities is essential to these aspirations. We strongly and sincerely encourage applications from people of color; immigrant, bilingual, and bicultural individuals; people with disabilities; members of LGBTQQ+ and gender non-conforming communities; and people with other diverse backgrounds and lived experiences.
How to Apply
Submit resume and thoughtful cover letter ASAP to Belinda Philippe, Director of Community Building and Operations firstname.lastname@example.org