The Commission for Health Advocacy & Equity is seeking new members. We’d love to see a CHW become a commissioner!
The Commission’s Mission:
- To advocate for the integration of activities that will help achieve health equity;
- To advise the Governor, the General Assembly, and the Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) on racial, ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic health disparities;
- To develop and coordinate the expertise and experience of the state’s health and human services, housing, transportation, education, environment, community development, and labor systems to develop a comprehensive health equity plan that addresses the social determinants of health;
- To develop health equity goals and plans in alignment with other statewide planning activities; and
- To educate State agencies on health disparities.
To apply, go to the Commission’s website and scroll to “Interested in Becoming a Commission Member.” For questions email Michelle Wilson. After you apply, please let James Day know so we can track CHW applications! Good Luck!