Providence Community Health Centers
Full time 40 hours
MWF 8a-5pm; Tu & Thurs 11-8pm
Bilingual Spanish Required
CHW Certification Preferred
Hiring for Multiple Openings!
Providence Community Health Centers provides affordable, quality, primary health care to meet the community’s medical needs. If working in a community health setting is your passion, apply today for an immediate interview.
Summary: This position supports case management and other related programs. Working directly with the integrated behavioral health and case management team will provide outreach to patients of the Providence Community Health Centers. Outreach includes, but not limited to, clinic visits, and telephonic outreach. As a member of the local community, the community health workers behavioral health will assist the integrated behavioral health care team by providing care coordination, community resources, Spanish-language interpretation, assist with appointments, as well as closing gaps in regards to social barriers (food, housing resources, utilities etc.). Development of one on one relationship in collaboration with integrated behavioral health clinician and specific care team provides an opportunity to remove social barriers and assist the member to live a healthier life while supporting a culturally diverse community.
- Associate’s Degree is required, Bachelor’s degree in Social Work is preferred
- 2 years experience in the field of Human Services required; 3+ years preferred
- Bilingual – Spanish Knowledge of Medicaid and managed care
- Effective communication skills and ability to engage patients to work with care team
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to deliver culturally competent, patient-centered care
- Ability to work with electronic health records and clinical data is required.
- Community Health Worker accreditation preferred
- Valid drivers license with reliable transportation and proof of minimum auto insurance is required.
PCHC values diversity and is an EOE M/W/V/D
M/W/F 8am-5pm with one hour lunch; Tues/Thurs 11am-8pm with one hour lunch
Bilingual Spanish is a requirement!