Coastal Medical / Lifespan
Certification Required or Within first year
Hiring for 2 Openings!
The Position: We are currently in search of a Community Health Worker. The Community Health Worker’s main responsibility includes providing navigational and community-based assistance to members of the community and serves as a liaison between health/social services and the community to facilitate access to services and improve the quality and cultural competence of service delivery.
- This is an hourly, full time position with a schedule of 40 weekly hours, Monday through Friday.
- This position is located at our Corporate Office in Providence, RI.
- State-wide travel and operation of personal motor vehicle
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clear driving record and proof of auto insurance
- Employee parking is provided.
- Provides peer outreach and navigational services to members of the community who may not be cared for by traditional medical institutions
- Collaborates with multiple community-based providers to establish connections with resources to maximize patient health outcomes
- Maintains extensive knowledge of community-based organizations, external resource availability, and eligibility guidelines
- Conducts assessments with patients in the community with a focus on triage and support on identified with social determinates of health (SDOH) or substance use disorder (SUD) needs to coordinate and track referrals to community-based organizations (CBO)
- Operates in a supportive role within an interdisciplinary health care team utilizing an integrated care model
- Coordinates transportation eligibility, scheduling, and other logistics for appropriate Medicaid patients
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience providing information, education, intervention and/or referral services to culturally diverse populations
- Additional training in the medical field with a social service background or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work
- Community Health Worker or Peer Recovery Specialist certification in Rhode Island
- Certification may be obtained within one year of employment
- Any combination of education and experience that is substantially equivalent is also acceptable
Why You Should Apply:
- We operate in a collaborative environment and strongly encourage and promote employee growth and development.
- Coastal offers a wide range of training opportunities including our own Leadership Academies as well as other well-known programs such as Crucial Conversations and Clifton Strengths.