- This event has passed.
A National Overview and History of CHWs
January 26, 2023 : 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Please join the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (OASH) in a four-part webinar series aimed at demonstrating how regions, states, tribal nations, and territories are advancing the CHW workforce by moving toward sustainability. This series will cover a range of topics from a national overview and history of CHWs to tools and resources that are being developed by and with Community Health Workers and allies from across the country. This multi-region webinar series is hosted by OASH Regions 1, 2, 4, 6, and 7.
Register for session one, here: https://www.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_q1gZDMnkTU-LJH8EslC1gQ [gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com]
This session will provide a historical overview of the CHW workforce and provide examples of the various ways in which they have engaged in the health and well-being of individuals and communities.
- Denise Smith, Executive Director, National Association of Community Health Workers (NACHW)
- Honey Yang Estrada, Director, North Carolina Community Health Worker Association
- Felecia S. Barrow, Director of Operations, ConnectHealth
For more information, please contact Roshunda Ivory at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Community Health Worker Workforce – Getting to Sustainability is a four-part series aimed to demonstrate how regions, states, tribal nations and territories are advancing the CHW workforce by moving towards sustainability. This webinar series is hosted by OASH Regions 1, 2, 4, 6 and 7.
Goals/Objectives for the Series include:
- Increase awareness of the professional CHW workforce among federal and state agencies, organizations, community partners, employers and allies represented in the regions.
- Disseminate and have considered the adoption/adaptation of various CHW sustainability related tools and resources by multiple other states in the country.
Save the Dates
- Session 1: January 26th
- A National Overview and History of CHWs
- Session 2: February 23rd
- Early Implementation Strategies: Building the Infrastructure for the CHW Workforce
- Session 3: March 30th
- CHW Sustainability Strategies: Advancing Practice and Policy
- Session 4: April 27th
- Sustaining Efforts for the Long-term: The Implementation of Resources and Tools from Across the Regions
All sessions will be held on the 4th Thursday of the month from 3:00PM to 4:30PM ET.