- This event has passed.
Older Adults CHW Training
June 1, 2023 : 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
“Building Holistic Partnerships with Older Adults: A Community Health Work, Person-Centered & Social Determinants of Health Approach” Training for certification in the Specialty of Older Adults.
The virtual Older Adults Training will run over Zoom on Thursdays, from 5:30pm – 8:30pm, from May 18 through July 13, 2023. There will not be a class on June 29. Attendance is required at all class sessions.
The FREE training will provide CHWs with knowledge of the following:
- CHWs, Aging & the Workforce
- Sociological Contexts of Aging: Obstacles & Opportunities
- Practice Perspective: Building Partnerships that Empower
- Social Determinants of Health & Aging: Obstacles & Opportunities
- Threats to Health Aging: Behavioral Health Challenges & Dementia
- Healthy Aging
- Empowering Partnerships & Resource Navigation
Training will be comprised of weekly scheduled Zoom sessions, 5:30pm-8:30pm, and assignments and activities requiring about 1-2 hours of additional time weekly.
- Rhode Island CHW Certification (or currently in process of applying for)
- Experience working or volunteering with the older adult population
This training fulfills the RI Certification Board’s requirements for the CCHW Specialty in Older Adults endorsement. Read more about applying for the endorsement here. This is NOT the application for this training.
The deadline for the application is Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 5pm. If you have any questions, please email Dimaura Tavares at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This FREE training is funded by the Rhode Island Department of Health and is delivered by the Community Health Worker Association of RI housed at the Institute for Education in Healthcare at Rhode Island College.