Older Adults CHW Training
November 9, 2023 – January 18, 2024
Thursday evenings 5:30-8:30pm*
“Building Holistic Partnerships with Older Adults: A Community Health Work, Person-Centered & Social Determinants of Health Approach” Training for certification in the Specialty of Older Adults.
The virtual Older Adults Training will run over Zoom on Thursdays, from 5:30pm – 8:30pm, from November 9 through January 18th. *There will not be class on 11/23 or 12/28. Attendance is required at all class sessions.
The FREE training will provide CHWs with knowledge of the following:
- CHWs, Aging & the Workforce
- Sociological Contexts of Aging: Obstacles & Opportunities
- Practice Perspective: Building Partnerships that Empower
- Social Determinants of Health & Aging: Obstacles & Opportunities
- Threats to Health Aging: Behavioral Health Challenges & Dementia
- Healthy Aging
- Empowering Partnerships & Resource Navigation
Training will be comprised of weekly scheduled Zoom sessions, 5:30pm-8:30pm, and assignments and activities requiring about 1-2 hours of additional time weekly.
- Rhode Island CHW Certification (or currently in process of applying for)
- Experience working or volunteering with the older adult population
This training fulfills the RI Certification Board’s requirements for the CCHW Specialty in Older Adults endorsement. Read more about applying for the endorsement here. This is NOT the application for this training.
The deadline to apply is October 16th at 5pm. Please contact Dimaura Tavares, CHW Communications and Outreach Assistant with any questions email@example.com.