Youth Mental Health First Aid
June 2, 2022 : 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Youth Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges among adolescents ages 12-18. You’ll build skills and confidence you need to reach out and provide initial support to young people who are struggling. You’ll also learn how to help connect them to appropriate support. This is an in-person training.
AFTER THE COURSE, YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
• Recognize common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges, including anxiety, depression, eating disorders and attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD).
• Recognize common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
• Understand how to interact with a young person in crisis.
• Know how to connect a young person with help.
• Better understand trauma, substance use, self-care and the impact of social media and bullying
For more information, click here.
To register, email Joe Coffey at firstname.lastname@example.org