City Of Providence
Temporary, Funded for 24 Months
Bachelor’s and/or CCHW Certification
Bilingual Spanish Preferred
The Senior Services Department is seeking a Community Health Worker to provide outreach to senior residents of the City who live independently in their own homes. The CHW will be primarily responsible for working with those seniors in the community to help connect them to resources and services to assist them with continuing to live independently. The CHW will be tasked with working with other City departments and act as liaison to community partners to support initiatives that improve outcomes for independent seniors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a strategy for locating seniors living independently within the City boundaries and connecting them to programs and services that will enhance their quality of life.
- Build a network, through partnerships and collaborations, that will act as a safety net of support for those residents wishing to remain independent.
- Provide direct one-on-one support to senior residents in need of assistance applying for programs and services to remain independent
- Act as a point of reference for community organizations, city departments, and other stakeholders regarding the needs of senior residents in the City; become an ambassador for the Age-Friendly Ambassador Group.
- Collect documentation for services provided to independent senior residents
- Participate in all training, scheduled calls, and meetings relevant to independent seniors; disseminate information as needed to stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Senior Services
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university, Community Health Worker Certification with years of experience in the field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to interact with colleagues and external partners
- An ability to work and be effective in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to exercise discretion with confidential information
- Excellent organizational skills, acute attention to detail, and excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Knowledge of office procedures and practices, and proficiency with Office Suite software
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish is preferred but not required
This is a grant-funded position for 24 months funded through the American Rescue Plan.
The City of Providence welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce at all levels of the organization. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit hiring discrimination of any type. All City hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All persons employed by the City of Providence are required to have achieved a fully vaccinated status against the COVID-19 virus. “Fully vaccinated status” shall be defined as having received the full number of doses required to complete the vaccination series of one of the currently recognized COVID-19 vaccines. Proof of vaccination completion will be required before beginning employment with the City.