Care New England – Integra
Bachelor’s Degree with Experience
Career Pathway Opportunity for experienced CHW!
The Community Engagement Specialist advances our mission to help Rhode Islanders live the healthiest lives possible by establishing and developing strong relationships between Integra Community Care Network, community-based organizations (CBOs), and members of our patient population and their communities. The CES will support Integra’s efforts to address the social determinants of health, drive health equity, and ensure quality of care. This role will support a growing array of strategic initiatives related to community engagement and health equity.
- Implement community engagement initiatives and identify opportunities to deepen Integra’s connections to the community: Coordinate major engagement and partnership initiatives, including stakeholder management and communications, program design, project and events coordination. Align with CNE system-wide health equity strategy and community engagement efforts.
- Coordinate community engagement activities across Integra, ensuring alignment with overall community health strategy: Coordinate staff participation in community-facing engagement initiatives, including tracking effort and outcomes. Support efforts to close care gaps for health equity. Maintain and disseminate resources, knowledge base, and best practices to team and stakeholders. Advise colleagues on patient engagement strategies to build trust and satisfaction, particularly with populations who have been left out historically.
- Support efforts to expand, optimize and coordinate Integra social needs programming: Support recruitment into Integra direct social care programs by developing communications to Integra staff and primary care network. Coordinate the maintenance and optimization of the community resource platform, helping to drive adoption and improve the platform’s accuracy and impact.
- Bachelor’s Degree with two to three years’ related experience desired; Master’s Degree in public health or similar field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated interest and professional background in community health and health equity.
- Demonstrated ability to connect to communities experiencing health inequities, and organizations serving them, particularly in Rhode Island.
We value community expertise, and people with a deep understanding and lived experience in communities facing health inequities are encouraged to apply. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with multiple audiences are required, and an ability to cultivate trusting working relationships with people from a large range of backgrounds.
Strong organizational and time management skills to meet the needs of changing project requirements in a complex work environment. MS Office skills required.
This position will be hybrid, with attendance at in-person community events required. Candidate must be able to work successfully with coworkers who work remotely, and must have reliable transportation.
Bilingual candidates, particularly those who speak English and Spanish, or English and Portuguese/Cape Verdean Creole, are encouraged to apply, but bilingualism is not a requirement for this role.
Application of Knowledge and Skill
- Maintains community event calendar and roster of meetings in which Integra participates, such as Health Equity Zones; coordinates participation.
- Participates in internal and external meetings related to community health initiatives and priorities.
- Maintains the community resource platform.
- Coordinates meetings, agendas and notes for the Integra Community Advisory Council, and supports membership.
- Seeks and surfaces opportunities to improve engagement with people with lived experience of health inequity and illness to improve program design and inform community health strategy.
- Engages with members of the Complex Care Management (CCM) team to continuously improve connections with community-based organizations, primary care, and members.
- Complies with all relevant federal, state, local, and internal rules, regulations, reporting requirements and the like.
- Performs other related and applicable duties as assigned.
- Proactively identifies actual and potential administrative challenges and problems and proposes solutions to meet those challenges.
- Performs other related and applicable duties as assigned