Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center
Central Falls, Cumberland, Lincoln & N. Smithfield
Full Time, Permanent
Bachelor’s Degree Required
$18/hr $35k Annually
Perfect for CHW looking to advance!
The Community Outreach and Engagement Specialist will maintain all community outreach activities. You will represent the agency and work with the Associate Director of Community Services to develop and implement initiatives that increase agency visibility within the community. You will also work in collaboration with the Blackstone Valley Health Equity Zone Coordinator to raise community awareness of health inequities and support the residents in the towns of Cumberland, Lincoln and North Smithfield.
You need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic and community-driven to take on this exciting role. This position requires someone equipped with a positive attitude and familiarity with community agencies and referrals.
· Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community event, workshops, appearances and other communication opportunities
· Nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners
· Provide educational opportunities to school age audiences as well as professional community partners
· Help educate residents on HEZ and HEZ projects
· Schedule regular outreach exhibitions in the community
· Create and maintain awareness of both BVAC and HEZ on social media platforms
· Distribute outreach materials to community members, partner organizations and businesses
· Develop, attend and discover community events to promote BVAC and HEZ program opportunities
· Prepare accurate records and reports
· Assist in the organization of special events
· Bachelor’s degree in communications or human services field
· Preferred experience in the community outreach field
· Must be able to travel with use of a personal vehicle
· Must possess the ability to speak effectively before groups and actively engage the public in outreach situations
· Outstanding written communication and presentation skills
· Must possess the ability to interact respectfully with diverse cultural and socio-economic populations
· Strong knowledge of social media
· Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization does not discriminate against a volunteer, an employee, or applicant for employment of conditions or opportunities for employment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age or country of ancestral origin.
How to Apply:
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org