CITY OF EAST PROVIDENCE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
EAST PROVIDENCE SENIOR SERVICES MEMBER SERVICES RESOURCE SPECIALIST
20 Hours per week – $16.00 per hour, no benefits
CHW Certification preferred, or after hire
Serves as a resource specialist to Senior Center members and guests. Answers all incoming telephone calls, provides information and assistance to members and guests who enter the Senior Center building.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Greets the public in person and on telephone, provides information regarding City of East Providence services, Senior Center activities and programs and local and statewide resources.
· Provides Covid-19 information and assist seniors with making on-line appointments for vaccinations when needed.
· Works in collaboration with Healthy Aging Nurse to market and recruit for health programs being offered at Senior Center and statewide.
· Provide East Providence Senior Center membership information to those inquiring to join.
· Give tours of the Senior Center to potential new members.
· Maintain, provide and update all membership forms.
· Input and update membership data into My Senior Center database.
· Issue membership scan cards to new members and to those who need a replacement card.
· Assist Senior Center volunteers as needed.
· Monitor and replenish resource brochures and fliers in lobby.
· Greet and receive East Providence residents who are entering building when the Center is activated as an emergency cooling or warming center.
· Keep all member information both verbal and in writing confidential.
· Perform other related duties as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· High School graduate or equivalency.
· Certified in the State of Rhode Island as a Community Health Worker of willingness to become certified.
· Knowledge of activities, events and resources available or happening in the City of East Providence, the Senior Center and statewide.
· Ability to effectively assist the public.
· Operate standard office equipment, including multi-line telephone, photocopier, facsimile, and personal computer using standard word processing and database software.
· Maintain confidentiality.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationship with coworkers, city officials, volunteers, members and the general public.
· Demonstrate proficiency in both oral and written communication; and maintain records and files with precision and accuracy.
How to Apply
Please apply online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7194c980-8645-4d6c-a63d-4aa97ffa0bad&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=453051&lang=en_US&source=EN
Application and resume must be submitted no later than Tuesday, February 21, 2023, by 4:00 p.m.
At the City of East Providence we celebrate the diversity of our citizenry, and are proud to encourage inclusiveness in our workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
ADA/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tuesday, February 21, 2023