Investing 102 – Personal Finance Workshop
February 7, 2023 : 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
“What is a mutual fund? Can you invest with a small amount of money? Is a 401K a good investment? Learn about varying investments and how they can benefit you.”
CHWARI has developed our personal finance series in response to demand from our CHWs. It is delivered by Joan Ayotte, Certified Financial Educator, Education & Job Development Specialist at Community Action Partnership of Providence (CAPP).
- Learn to take charge of your money
- Overcome anxiety about your finances
- Make a plan for you and your money
Sessions will be Tuesdays from 12pm to 1pm.
Dates & Topics
- Sept 21: Personal Finance 101
- Oct 4 – Money & Relationships
- Oct 18 – Budgeting
- Nov 1 – Saving Money
- Nov 15 – Mindfulness & Money
- Nov 29 – Managing Debt
- Dec 12 – History of Credit
- January 10 – Credit
- January 17 – Credit Score Repair
- January 31 – Investing 101
- Feb 7 – Investing 102
- Feb 14th – Buying a House
You do not have to attend all sessions, but you may. At the end of the series, certificates will be given based on the number of hours you attend. You must register for each session, as the links are different.